Washington September 19 2023: In July 2023, data from the US Treasury revealed that Saudi Arabia's investment in US Treasuries increased by USD 1.1 billion, reaching a total of USD 109.2 billion.
This positioned the Kingdom in the 18th place among the largest holders of US Treasuries for that month.
Of Saudi Arabia's total holdings in US Treasuries, USD 100.99 billion, or 92%, were allocated to long-term bonds, while the remaining USD 8.24 billion, which accounted for 8%, were invested in short-term bonds.
During the month of July, Japan occupied the top position as the largest holder of US Treasuries, possessing approximately USD 1.11 trillion, which constituted 14.6% of the total US Treasuries. China followed in second place with holdings amounting to USD 821.8 billion, while the United Kingdom held the third position with US Treasuries valued at USD 662.4 billion.